Sunday, January 27, 2013

Historic Maldon

I had to take my son to Bendigo yesterday and on the way home I dropped in to the historic town of Maldon. Oh wow, what a lovely place.  With no children, husband or time limits, I was free to stroll the shops and look to my heart's content.  I can't count the amount of times I said to one shopkeeper or another, what a lovely shop you have. It was a delightful afternoon, beautiful weather, beautiful shops.  Just heavenly. 
So what did I buy, not much, a bit of this and a bit of that.
Some lace:






Some boiled lollies from the lolly shop, a couple of little glass angels; those I didn't need but they reminded me so much of the little glass angel my youngest bought me one year from the mother's day stall at school, I thought she needed a friend, or two.
Before I left bendigo I visited the Rajmahal shop; I have wanted to visit there before but it never seems to be open when I go through.  There I bought a kit for a little ribbon embroidery and another pattern for a tablecloth. So pretty.
The kit, with the dahlias, I finished last night. it is very sweet but now I need to decide what to do with it.  The briar rose one will have to wait until I can source the ribbons I need and finish one ro two other projects!
I also bought a new foot for my new sewing machine while in Bendigo. Next door to the sewing machine shop was a cheap bookstore, so I bought some books as well. One is a novel, the other a book of sock knitting.
All in all it was a lovely day of wandering around, looking at things.  It actually is not very far off the Calder Freeway if anyone ever goes up to Bendigo, it is worth the detour.


3 comments:

  1. Maldon is very nice. I havent been for a few years but used to love visiting the patchwork shop and the lolly shop. I even found some great knitting needles in their second hand shop one day too. Your embroideries look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maldon sounds great. Will put on my list of places to visit. How good are you, finishing the dahlias! Shows what happens when you are relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so far behind with my blog reading. Sounds like a lovely relaxing time. Maldon is a very pretty place.

    ReplyDelete