Well, unusually for me, I neglected to take a photo of the romper I made for the christening we attended on Sunday. Probably for the best; i had trouble with getting the crotch to sit right so I was not happy with it anyway. I nearly did not give it to the mother but i managed to get it to sit better than it had been. The problem I had was that the smocked panel was a fraction too wide which put the rest of the front piece out of whack. And made it longer than the lining. I unpicked the crotch three times before i was even passably happy with it. I hope that when it is on the baby, it sits better. With more time up my sleeve I could have fixed it a number of different ways, but that was taken out of my hands with no notice given.
So no photos anyway.
What i do have to share with you is this:
The other thing that has happened this week is the emergence of a wooden deck along the side of our house. it was a plan we had when we extended our house a year ago so it is good to see it finally come to pass. Hopefully the decking boards will go down on Wednesday and then it will be done, save for the roof we are putting on it, which will be done in a month or so. I have photos but will show you later in the week when the boards go down. And then, after 13 years, our little house will finally be finished; for now anyway! Until the next grand plan LOL!!