Tuesday, November 8, 2011

strawberry bootees

Over the weekend I managed to whip up the strawberry bootees that are on the front of my little knitting book (yes, i do have other books, but this one is so sweet that I am slowly working my way through it).
So here they are (and aren't they simply adorable????):
I have no-one to give them to at the minute but they can sit and wait for a suitable recipient. They are oh so cute and very easy; except the flowers that require a basic knowledge of crochet which I do not have.  So a big thank you to my boss who kindly whipped these up for me. They do finish them off beautifully. 






The other thing I have managed to whip up last night is this; yes another bag. Also from Keykalou.   It is a little camera case, and I have to tell you, it fits my digital camera like a glove.  Just perfect.  I didn't make it for that however as we have a little case for our camera, but I htought it would be handy for the days when I go out just with my keys and phone.  It is sadly just a tad too small for that but my plan is to enlarge the pattern by 50% and see how that goes. 

 If the material looks familiar, it is not the same as the fabric I used for the last bag, but it belongs to the same range. The design is much smaller, making it perfect for such a small bag
 Please excuse my post today, I cannot seem to arrange the photos where i want them and it is messing up with where the text goes.  Anyway, doesn't matter i suppose.
So, this is my weekend's work, I am very pleased with both projects.
And now back to the christmas sewing I go.  The two table runners are not far from being done, the quilt I am making for the shop is also almost done (the quilting is being done by someone else thankfully). Then I need to make the quilt I am doing for a personal present; that one I will have to do. And by hand by the look of it.  Not sure if it will be done by christmas but I think the person receiving it will forgive me. 











   

4 comments:

  1. Karyn, what gorgeous bootees and the little bag is lovely too. I am always interested to see what you have been making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are just way TOO CUTE Karyn.... I just love them. The booties are gorgeous. I'm envious of that fabric you are using for your bags!! I did try to get to my second Keykalou bag today, but alas, no luck. Hope all your sewing goes well in the next few weeks, busy time ahead. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that stained glass fabric, it's calling to me too all the way from across the world. A lovely little bag Karyn, I feel sure it will be much admired.

    Best wishes Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karyn
    I was just browsing when I came across your blog.
    I absolutely fell in love with these booties. They are too cute for words. I have started making baby things recently, (for my grandchild, on day...), and these will definately be a future project to tackle. Thanks for showing....

    ReplyDelete