Monday, April 23, 2012

A good day

Yesterday was our 17th wedding anniversary and we had a lovely day; shopping for beds, of all things!
 My husband bought himself a water bed when he was younger, before I knew him, and it is still what we have.  While we still like it, I think we have both decided it was time for a change so we are the proud owners of a new matress and base set.  No1 son is happy, he is also getting a new bed; upgrading from a single bed to a queen size bed. It was going to be a double until we realised that a double bed is the same length as a single and it is really the length he needs as he is 5 foot 9 inches and still growing.
All will be delivered on Friday, and then Saturday i assume we will be moving things around. (Phew, I am tired just thinking of it all!)
We also picked out our new front door (very thrilling happenings in our house!!LOL!!). Our old one has warped and with our extensions two years ago and all the renovating we have a done, a new front door will be the icing on the cake. 
Take away was the order of the day for dinner, after being out all day and neither of us inclined to cook. 
It was a good day and it feels like we achieved something which is always good.

5 comments:

  1. Karyn, Congratulations on such a great achievement. 17 years - fantastic.

    I know what you mean about the beds and front door: you feel like you are making progress and improving your family nest.

    I get excited about each little step we take on this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary for 17 years. You wont know yourself sleeping on a new mattress. I think we need to upgrade ours too as we have had it for quite a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary for yesterday Karyn. Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. My congratulations too Karyn, sorry I'm a bit behind. Hope when the new bed arrives it is comfortable, and your nights are restful. I'm beginning to think we need a new one too. This one is only our second in over 40 years.

    I don't blame you at all for taking the easy option with dinner, good luck to you........I would do exactly the same and feel no shame what so ever!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Friday and the new beds to arrive. They wont be moved into their correct places until Saturday though. I am soooo excited and justhope it is comfortable; five minutes lying in a showroom is nothing like eight hours in bed.

    ReplyDelete